Thursday, March 12, 2009

First Post: time to focus on the positive

My previous blogs can be summmed up in a few words: emo, self-serving, immature. I want to move beyond that. Life can suck, and life can be great. But most of all, life is a gift. I want to enjoy it and examine it and look at it for what it is, and use it to worship God and not myself. So my purpose in writing this is to change my gaze from inward and outward in this world to upward, toward God. I want to see my life through His eyes, and I can't do that while focusing on self pity and anger and indignation. I want to see it through wisdom, shedding a light on things I've been hiding behind and letting God change me.

I know, its a cheezy name for a blog, but since my old one was pure_stupidity I thought this was a nice change from that, and I think its appropriate.

1 comment: